"Be the change you want to see in the world"
- Ghandi

Help me create a world without cancer by donating now

Welcome
and thank you for visiting! Join me as I train for my first triathlon and attempt to raise $6,000 for the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. There are sure to be near drownings, nasty spills, and tons of entertaining novice mistakes - you don't want to miss it! And because I am doing this in honor of my mom, Judy, I will throw in some of my favorite stories of us and how she helped get me to this point.

Thursday, June 17, 2010

If there were a time to back out - now would be it

I'm doing my first "open water" practice tonight and I am so scared.  Yes, I myself, am like a fish.  I love the water. All water, any water.  Except lake water.  And that is what I am swimming in tonight. At least I can't get eaten by the Loch ness Monster - coach, mentor, friend, Shannon will be with me.

I will let you know how it goes. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment