"Be the change you want to see in the world"
- Ghandi

Help me create a world without cancer by donating now

Welcome
and thank you for visiting! Join me as I train for my first triathlon and attempt to raise $6,000 for the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. There are sure to be near drownings, nasty spills, and tons of entertaining novice mistakes - you don't want to miss it! And because I am doing this in honor of my mom, Judy, I will throw in some of my favorite stories of us and how she helped get me to this point.

Friday, June 4, 2010

Go Haley!

I want to give a shout out and "good luck" to Haley for running her first 10K this coming Sunday in Annapolis.  Haley has been training and running with the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society's Team in Training (same as me).  She is running in honor of my mom and has raised $500 for LLS.  That is a great accomplishment! I will be so proud of her when she crosses the finish line.

I know that if my mom were here she would come out to the race to cheer Haley on, as she used to do during all of our high school swim meets. My mom and Haley had much in common - kindness, compassion, and selflessness.  I am lucky to have such great role models.

Go Haley!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment