Well, its more like bike, run, swim so far this week. But I am happy to report that with this mornings swim, I am three out of ten workouts down for this week. Workout number four comes tonight when I do a 75 minute ride with some fellow TNTer's. Woohoo!
A quick note on attitude. Last night I had a HORRIBLE run. The worst run I have had in a really long time. This is not to say that I normally have good runs. I hate running. Running hates me. So I have had a lot of negativity towards it and I think it is being projected into my knees and hips, and shins. All of which are hurting. (Maybe that's why its so steaming hot and humid too?) After last night's run I decided to change my mind about running. I need to just like. Even if it hurts.
This happened to me when I was training for the marathon. My first double digit run was horrible. So going into my first 14-miler, I had some serious reservations. But then I realized, its just a run, albeit a long one, but just a run. I also remembered that I never thought I would ever be capable of doing that. So I made up my mind that those 14 miles were going to be awesome. And you know what? They were! I felt great the whole time. I stayed positive and just enjoyed being out there.
This is what I need to do now. Channel my happy thoughts and dig deep for that strength that I must have somewhere in me. Especially since I am so happy with myself for completing four workouts in a row.
It's the new me!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment