"Be the change you want to see in the world"
- Ghandi

Help me create a world without cancer by donating now

Welcome
and thank you for visiting! Join me as I train for my first triathlon and attempt to raise $6,000 for the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. There are sure to be near drownings, nasty spills, and tons of entertaining novice mistakes - you don't want to miss it! And because I am doing this in honor of my mom, Judy, I will throw in some of my favorite stories of us and how she helped get me to this point.

Friday, July 23, 2010

6 workouts down, 4 to go (these might be the hardest!)

Yes! I did it! So far, I have completed my goal of every single workout on my schedule:

Monday: biked 60 minutes at Haines Point (about 14 miles)
Tuesday: ran 45 minutes on 4 mile trail ( about 3.5 miles)
Wednesday: swam an hour and 15 minutes (3,800 yards) before work, then biked 60 minutes (about 13 miles) after work at Haines point
Thursday: ran 30 minutes on the treadmill before work, then swam an hour and 15 minutes (2,800 yards) after work
Today: REST (relief)

As I mentioned before, tomorrow is a big day! Our first "Brick" workout.  I am totally scared.  Not only is that nerve racking, but it is supposed to be over 90 degrees while we are out there in the morning, with high humidity. Its going to be tough!  But as I am pouring sweat, thirsty, and tired, I will think of the friends and family I know who have struggled through chemo and radiation.  None of my workouts will ever compare to that! So I am going to suck it up and keep going for them!

By noon tomorrow, I will have finished two more workouts.  Sunday brings an easy run and team swim practice.  Somewhere in between I have to do laundry.  If only triathlon training came with a maid :)

No comments:

Post a Comment