"Be the change you want to see in the world"
- Ghandi

Help me create a world without cancer by donating now

Welcome
and thank you for visiting! Join me as I train for my first triathlon and attempt to raise $6,000 for the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. There are sure to be near drownings, nasty spills, and tons of entertaining novice mistakes - you don't want to miss it! And because I am doing this in honor of my mom, Judy, I will throw in some of my favorite stories of us and how she helped get me to this point.

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

No Pain; No Gain

Tonight will be my first bike ride with my “clippless” pedals and bike shoes.  This means that I will look like I am in the big leagues, but I will still be in the back of the pack.  (Though hopefully less tired because I am distributing the force through my whole leg rather than just my quads.)

I am deathly afraid of tonight’s ride.  They say it’s a matter of “when, not if” for falling while you are getting used to the clippless pedals.  I have only tried for about three minutes, but so far its really hard and I am SO uncoordinated.  It takes a lot of concentration and forethought to unclip before a start, and some good coordination to clip in to get rolling.  I would assimilate this to playing RockBand.  You have to do several things at once with some finesse.  I can’t play that game!  I suck at it.  I also sucked at Nintendo when I was a kid.

Knowing me, this will be a disaster.  I am preparing for the worst.   Cross your fingers for me. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment